Studying in CANADA

Currently, there are two ways to apply for a Study Permit from Japan.

  • Online Application
  • Application through Canadian Application Centre (CAVC)

Note: Our services are ONLY for Online Application

You must apply for a Study Permit for the following cases.

  • When the duration of courses/classes that you will take in Canada exceed six (6) months.
  • When the planned total duration of stay in Canada for study is longer than six (6) months.
  • When the duration of a course that you take is longer than six (6) months (Even you may wish to leave Canada in the middle of the course, you must apply for a Study Permit).
  • When the course that you will take provides practicum(s).

①Online Application


  • You must have been accepted by a designated learning institution in Canada.(You must have an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution)
  • You must have a valid credit card (it does not have to be yours).

Application Documents

  • Your valid passport
  • A valid credit card
  • (Fee for a study permit: C$150)
  • An acceptance letter from a designated learning institution ※1
  • Proof of funds (Proof of financial support)
  • A digital photo

Depending on the situation, following additional document(s) may be required

  • Quebec-bound study permit applicants must submit a CAQ ※2
  • In case you are married, document(s) showing your marital status and its English translation
  • Minor applicants (less than 17 years of age) who come to Canada without a parent or legal guardian need to submit ※3:
    • 1) A notarized document signed by the parents or legal guardians of the minor child in the child’s country of origin.
    • 2) Another notarized document signed by the custodian in Canada.
  • Minor applicants less than 18 years of age need to submit family register and its English translation

Processing times

Estimated processing times are shown at the above site. The length of time to process your application varies depending on the visa office where you applied. Please note that the estimated processing time does not guarantee the exact processing time of your application.

Our Services

  • Pre-screening service (Application advising service regarding visa categories, application procedure, required documents)
  • Document scanning service
  • Online application service
  • Follow-up service (Upon your request, we go through inquiries/request for additional documents from a visa processing office during application processing period)
  • Thorough explanation of the result of your application

Note: Our service fees do not include fees for a visa application and translation services.

※1 Letter of Acceptance
An official document called Letter of Acceptance (LOA) You must receive LOA from your chosen school in Canada in advance.You must include the photocopy of LOA with your study permit application.
※2 CAQ
An official document for those who intend to study in Quebec.You may apply for a CAQ through the following site. Upon your request, we also provide CAQ application service.
※3 Affidavit
In addition to the documents needed to enter Canada, a minor will need additional documents if he/she is less than 17 years of age and comes to Canada to study without a parent or legal guardian. The minor must be cared for by a responsible adult in Canada. This person is known as a custodian. In some cases, a custodian may also be needed for minor children between 17 years of age and the age of majority in the province or territory of the educational institution where they intend to study. This will be at the discretion of an immigration officer.Abstract from
FAQ of Studying in CANADA
お問い合わせ(一般の方)東京大学の方) お問い合わせ(一般の方)